While there may be benefits to printing canvas or framing a piece of fine art, it all depends on personal tastes and preferences, budget, interior design, and needs of the end user.
• Does not exhibit any glare or reflections.
• Largest image size for a given wall space (no mats or borders)
• Weighs much less that framed prints.
• Canvas prints provide a frameless presentation which creates a window into the scene.
• Lack of frame blends well into any style decor in home or office.
• Creates the feel of a Statement Piece.
• Adds texture to a plain wall.
• Ready to hang, no added cost of matte and frame (keeps cost low).
• Photograph can not be changed (permanent).
• Canvas is a textured medium, depends on personal taste.
• Traditional look and appeal.
• Matte and frame selection to match room decor.
• Paper prints exhibit more detail than canvas.
• Print can be changed over time.
• Glare and reflections from light.
• More delicate to moisture.
• Larger sizes are heavy and expensive.
• Not ready to hang, must choose matte and frame, adds to cost.